Psalm Thirteen: A Plea for Deliverance

Psalm 13

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me?

How long will I store up anxious concerns within me,
agony in my mind every day?
How long will my enemy dominate me?

Consider me and answer, Lord my God.

Restore brightness to my eyes;
otherwise, I will sleep in death.

My enemy will say, “I have triumphed over him,”
and my foes will rejoice because I am shaken.

But I have trusted in your faithful love;

my heart will rejoice in your deliverance.

I will sing to the Lord
because he has treated me generously.

-

I don't know about you, but I am asking the same questions David is asking here, "how long?" So many of us are sharing up anxious concerns during this time with Covid-19. But look at David's words at the end here. He has trusted in the Lord and will continue to praise him. He acknowledged that he was concerned and scared and anxious. But, at the end of the day, he praised the Lord and was continuing to trust in him! Today, no matter how we are feeling, we must continue to praise God and put our trust in him!

What stood out to you in this Psalm?
How are you trusting the Lord today? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm Thirty-Six: Walk in Life

Psalm Seven: I Take Refuge in You

Psalm Twenty-Four: The Earth is the Lord's