Psalm Three: Save Me, O My God

Psalm Three

O Lord, how many are my foes! 
How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me,
"God will not deliver me."

But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.

I lie down and sleep:
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.

Arise, O LORD!
Deliver me, O my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.

From the LORD comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people (NIV).
-

I am sure that many of us feel like David did here. As he wrote these words, he was fleeing from his son who was leading a rebellion against him. David had to flee all that he knew and all that was comfortable. Right now, as we are stuck in our homes, we feel a bit like this. We have had to leave all that was comfortable and routine. People around David were saying that this was too much for God. But look at what David says in verse three, "But you are a shield around me, O Lord". Today, regardless of what happens around us, we can say that the Lord is our shield. He is keeping us safe. Praying God's blessing on you all!

What stood out to you in this chapter?
Do you feel God around you like a shield right now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm Thirty-Six: Walk in Life

Psalm Seven: I Take Refuge in You

Psalm Twenty-Four: The Earth is the Lord's