Psalm Two: The Reign of the Lord's Annointed

Psalm Two

Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves, 
and the rulers take counsel together, 
against the LORD and against his 
Anointed, saying,
"Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us."

He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
"As for me, I have set my King 
on Zion, my holy hill."

I will tell of the decree:
The LORD said to me, "You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations
your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."

Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him. 

-

I love how this Psalm shows that it is the Lord who is ruling the world. This is something that I have been thinking about a lot these last few days. The world seems to be so chaotic. I read something on Facebook the other day and the woman said, "The world is out of control". This is not true. We are just realizing that the world is out of our control. However, from day one, God has been in control over the world. We have never left his hands. 
Don't you just love how this Psalm ends with the words, "blessed are all who take refuge in him"? Who or what are we taking refuge in? We cannot take refuge in our video games, in our friends, in our schools, or in our routines. Our refuge needs to be in Jesus! When everything else fades away, he remains. I am reminding myself of that today.

What stands out to you in this Psalm?
What are you reminding yourself of today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm Thirty-Six: Walk in Life

Psalm Seven: I Take Refuge in You

Psalm Twenty-Four: The Earth is the Lord's